Readers,
For the longest time I was against having a blog, mostly cause any idiot can have a blog. Eventually (today), I decided, well, why not you, Quinn Valentine Rose, you’re any idiot, you’re an opinionated jackass, you are perfect for the blogging community. For those of you wondering where the title came from, I joked in a post on my own facebook post, earlier in the night tonight that I was going to start a blog called “movies Reese Witherspoon was in that I have seen, or at least am aware of” However, that name is to long for a blog on this site, so I had to shorten in to what it is now. I assume Much like Dr. Chris Turk’s loyal friend Dr. John Dorian used 8 numbers to dial Dr. Turk’s number 225-58875 (or Call Turk) “sorry baby, you call Turk, you get Turk” when you read the name of my blog site you will call it “Movies Reese Witherspoon was in that I have seen, or at least am aware of.” I don’t think that’s to much to ask. And too answer your next two questions 1. Yes, that is a Scrubs reference and 2. I did use my phone just now to look up the numbers that correspond to the letters.
As far as what to expect from this blog, I have no earthly idea. I can promise you I will ramble about sports, entertainment, news, politics, my life growing up, and whatever is on my mind as I am typing, which means, I could go from one thing to another with very little to no segway. This is a blog, after all, is not an APA style paper. It will be loaded with passive voice, anthropomorphism and I might even misuse effect and affect. Needless to say, Dr. Buchert would not approve and those of you that will be Seniors at Longwood next year should not try this writing style at home.
What I do promise, is a lot of reference to The Big Lebowski, The Simpsons, Arrested Development, 30 rock, SNL, HIMYM, Zoolander, Scrubs (see above), and many more things I really like and watch way to often. I will not always point them out, so chances are if I write something that you think is to clever for me to think of on my own, you are right and it probably came from one of those places. I will also be Writing a lot of these between the hours of 2am-10am, so many jokes will fall flat. I may make an enemy or two out of my readers and reading my blog may just be a waste of your time.
For those of you that read my top 50 things of the first ten years of the 21st century. You pretty much know my writing style and things I write about. Those of you that didn’t read it because I didn’t send it to you, feel free to send me your email and I will gladly email it to you. Those of you that I did email it to and didn’t read it, you probably make good life choices and have a real job, perhaps a long term girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife and are getting ready to start having a family or have already started.
Anyway, I need to get some rest, I will start blogging for reals tomorrow night (maybe even by the time you read this if you read it in the afternoon). Also, I would love for this to turn into a blog for the people, so if there is anything you feel like talking to me about, please do so. If there is anything that you want me to rant about, please feel free to get me started (once you start me up, I’ll never stop) the more people respond to it, the more I’ll write and the better I’ll feel about writing it. Also, those of you that see me in person feel free to talk to me about it (it better than chillingly awkward silence)
I’ll start the real thing tomorrow.
Take care now…Bye Bye then,
Quinn Valentine Rose
p.s. I promise the blog will be better and funnier than what it currently is, I think Humor is the number one thing I am trying to do with it. Even if that humor sometimes comes across as bitter and hostile.
for those of you really wondering about the name of the blog read this
ReplyDeleteStatus update:There is a movie coming out in December starring Paul Rudd, Reese Witherspoon, Jack Nicholson, and Owen Wilson that appears to be centered around baseball (December is a great box office month for a baseball centered movie)…I don’t care if it is a rom-com, and most likely isn’t going to be very good, I am going to see this opening weekend.
My own repsonse on my status update:The movie is called ‘How do you know’ in case anyone was wondering. I have been a big Witherspoon fan since the Fear/Pleasentville/Election trilogy. For those of you that haven’t seen Fear in a long time, do yourself a favor and keep that s...treak alive (it doesn’t hold up to the test of time well). Witherspoon hasn’t had a really good role IMO since she played June Carter Cash. And yes, Legally Blonde is in my wheelhouse of watchable romcom’s and that has 100% to do with Witherspoon playing Elle Woods and not a lesser actress. Also, I am aware and have seen the movie she did previously with Paul Rudd called overnight delivery, which is pretty much the same plot as Road Trip, minus most of the funnies of Road Trip. This might be a good time to bring up my new blog I am starting called “Movies Reese Witherspoon was in that I have seen or am aware of” which will cover many more movies and tv roles (like Jill Green, Rachael’s sister on Friends, who falls for Ross, much to the dismay of Rachael). And don’t ask me about Cruel Intentions, cause the only part I liked about that movie was the end when Witherspoon was driving her car out of town as the Verves “Bitter Sweet Symphony” played in the background.
a second post on my update:also, I assume romcom and chick-flick are interchangeable, however, if I am wrong about the parlance of our times, I would call it a chick-flick and not a romantic comedy
You forgot to mention that you'll often misuse "to," "two," and "too." You also failed to mention the confusion you'll cause my mixing up "they're," "their," and "there." But, then again, having read your top 50 list, I can only guess that these errors are the least of your readers' concerns. ;)
ReplyDeletePS - stop texting. Start blogging.